Dell has announced that they will no longer be taking orders for any computers with Windows XP after October 1! Further, any orders that can't be shipped out by October 22 will be canceled.
If you will be needing any computers, at any time in the next year, with Windows XP on them, please contact me ASAP. I can assist on a first come first serve basis.
Some things to consider:
- Your testing of all of your firms programs on Windows 7 - 64bit should just about be complete now. If you haven't made sure everything works on Windows 7, I would strongly recommend making it a priority at this point.
- Be sure to always keep at least 1 "hot spare" computer around to be ready should any computer in your office fail. It is far better to order an inexpensive and ideal computer then it is to panic and have to rush to get something more expensive and that is a bad fit in a broken computer scenario.
- We generally recommend 1 spare computer per every 20 computers in your office.
- Be sure you won't need any XP computers because if you suddenly need one in a couple of months, it won't be an option.
- It is also becoming much more problematic (not just expensive) to downgrade a Windows 7 computer to XP as the new computer hardware doesn't always have XP drivers and thus won't work even if you have an extra copy of XP.
Hopefully you have already prepared for Windows 7 - 64bit and this isn't an issue for you.
As always, should you have any questions for us, please don't hesitate to call!