This is an extremely shortened version of a very large issue. If you would like any of the details or should you have any questions, please contact us as we can gladly fill in the blanks.
- Security Breaches/Attacks are getting worse. The bad guys are pulling ahead of the good guys.
- Small and medium sized firms, you, are the top targets.
- Executives/Owners need to insure this is being addressed and progress made.
- We /InfoStream, are often called in to react to an issue, but this requires proactive cooperation.
- Many breaches completely shut the firm down, dead in the water. For days, weeks or permanently.
- The damage is often very expensive to remediate.
- There are new laws in place that require you to notify every single customer, employee, vendor that you have been breached – a major hit to reputation.
- The same laws have a sizeable financial penalty for every record stolen. Even one person’s outlook contacts may count as hundreds of records as each person is a record and a fine.
- Lawsuits over breaches are increasing.
- The Gist: The firm stops being able to work and make money while their reputation goes down and costs spike.
- You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube AFTER an incident. Prevention is far easier/cheaper.
- Any progress is better than ignoring security. Even baby steps.
- You (executive/owner) don’t need to be an expert on the details. Just make sure it’s a priority and you progress forward.
- Many of the major improvements with the largest impacts are cheap and easy to fix.
- Step one is to identify all shortfalls, prioritize and pick a few to improve. Periodically review progress and pick a few more to improve.
- Do nothing
- You do it all internally (We can give you a free security checklist if you would like)
- We work with your staff
- We do it all – we will just have a few questions for you to get started
Would you like us to review your security and or meet with you to discuss improvements?