Mobile phones, also referred to as cell phones have become one of the most critical devices for ensuring that people stay connected with one another, whether personally or professionally. How well do you know the history of what’s in your pocket? Here are a few questions to find out if you are as smart as you think.
1. The first commercial cell phone was created in:
2. That same first cell phone was first sold in:
3. Mobile phones are called cell phones because:
A) The phones work together in a system like the millions of cells in your body
B) Phones communicate with nearby base stations referred to as “cells”
C) Mobile phone companies split up the country into sales regions known as “cells”.
D) Smart phone designs originally referred to installed applications as “cells”.
4. The first video game on a mobile phone was:
5. The first voicemail system was created in:
6. Phone Fears (Match the meaning with the word)
C) Ringxiety (a.k.a. fauxcellarm)
2) Fear your phone is damaging your brain
3) Hearing your phone ring/vibrate when it isn’t
4) Fear of making/receiving phone calls
7. Recharging the average cell phone costs how much during a year?
8. The first text message was sent in:
9. The largest user of cell phone data is
A) Web browsing
10. The average person unlocks his phone how many times per day?